Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
BigDataCamp San Jose - June 12, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format. Attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with pre-defined and majority-vote topics, including best practices in application development and advanced analytics.
Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.
We encourage all attendees to join us for a lively discussion.
5:00 Registration w/ Drinks and Food Sponsored by Datameer Meetup
For further details, visit http://bigdatacamp.org/siliconvalley/
Proposed Topics (as of June 5th):
- Consumer choice prediction and modeling.
- Breaking into big data for statisticians or academics.
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Consumer engagement based on social data
- Machine Learning use cases for mobile - location
- Real-time use cases in Big Data
- Erasure Coding in Hadoop
- Big Data benchmarking
- Graphs in HBase
- BigDat @ Enterprise Level
- cloud/mobile security
- Using internal versus external storage with Hadoop cluster.
- Big Data with Node.js
- Natural language processing using R on Hadoop which scales to hundreds of nodes.
- What is the next big thing beyond Hadoop?
- Natural Language Processing / Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Use Hadoop to help Advertising, Marketing Analytics, Healthcare, Financials, and other vertical markets
- End to End use cases for Hadoop for businesses
- Tips for transitioning from RDBMS to NoSQL/BigData solutions
- DevOps and Hadoop
- Network Design differences between web 2.0 and enterprise for bigdata
- Alternatives to Map Reduce
- Real-time reporting on big data
- Use Cases
- What is the next phase in Big Data Analytics ?
- Real time Ming
- Security and data of Health IT
When & Where
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format.